Subject: [Leica] RE: Water Chemistry for Dummies - deionizer
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:21:19 -0800

- --=====================_177091564==_.ALT

For the deionizer I have, Go To:
http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/search_proc.asp  and click on

1. Deionizer with Clear Housing

Click on the part number EW-01503-20 to see the write-up and picture.

The filter housing, bracket, and hose adapters is $75 and a resin charge
EW-01503-30 is $35. This will deionize a "huge" amount of water and in the long
run, much cheaper (and a hellova lot more convenient) than buying distilled
water.

You cannot use just any filter housing. This housing has a special internal
filter/strainer arrangement to keep the resin beads from coming out with the
water.

You can buy directly from Cole Parmer. I get all of my lab equipment from them.
Great folks.

If you can't get directly there, go to www.coleparmer.com  type in "deionizer"
in the search box, then click deionizer with clear housing. You will not see
prices unless you register with Cole Parmer. It's quick and easy.

Jim

At 08:50 PM 1/30/01 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>We drink this stuff?
>
>So prey tell how we can all make that there fancy smancy water deionizer
>gadgets.....?
>
>Thanks for all the good words William Gower, it is really wonderful all the
>resources we have in this list....
>

>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

- --=====================_177091564==_.ALT

For the deionizer I have, Go To:
and click on<br>
write-up and picture.<br>
The filter housing, bracket, and hose adapters is $75 and a resin charge
<b>EW-01503-30</b> is $35. This will deionize a &quot;huge&quot; amount
of water and in the long run, much cheaper (and a hellova lot more
convenient) than buying distilled water.<br>
You cannot use just any filter housing. This housing has a special
internal filter/strainer arrangement to keep the resin beads from coming
out with the water.<br>
You can buy directly from Cole Parmer. I get all of my lab equipment from
them. Great folks.<br>
If you can't get directly there, go to
type in &quot;deionizer&quot; in the search box, then click deionizer
with clear housing. You will not see prices unless you register with Cole
Parmer. It's quick and easy.<br>
Jim<br>
At 08:50 PM 1/30/01 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:<br>
&gt;We drink this stuff?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;So prey tell how we can all make that there fancy smancy water
deionizer<br>
&gt;gadgets.....?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Thanks for all the good words William Gower, it is really wonderful
all the<br>
&gt;resources we have in this list....<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Frank Filippone<br>