Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 5 PAW
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:54:07 -0800

Week 5 PAW now up for viewing and comments. /Matt

Hi Matt,
Another good one.

But watch what happens when you cover the white area in the top left corner
, try it and you'll see the eyes and expression become stronger.  Any
improvement on the shot would be to burn that down so it doesn't catch a
viewers eyes dragging them away from the face of the subject.

Simple test...  put your hand on the screen cutting off the white and as you
do watch the face and eyes! Bingo!~ Stronger facial expression.

If I were to print this, I'd burn down around the outer edges very
carefully. This type of all around the edge burning has to be done so
carefully a viewer isn't aware you've pulled it down, just sufficient that
the eyes concentrate right on the face and are not allowed to drift out the
sides of the print.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant