Subject: [Leica] ve heff wayss to make u spell lenz...
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:39:00 +0100

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:45:11 -0800
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - how to spell 'lens'
On the topic of languages evolving, a friend just gave me this wonderful
example:
"Seo sprac na gehweorfe? nawiht."

It's in English, believe it or not.  the translation to modern English reads:
"The language doesn't change nohow."

At this point I'm going to boldly declare that language is the result of
the common understanding of its users, and all that the academicians of the
world can do is analyse the outcome after the fact.

Paul

Jive-ass dude don't talk no sense no-how!
Name that fillum...
Rob.
Robert Appleby

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] ve heff wayss to make u spell lenz...)