Subject: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:00:01 -0800

>Ugh!  I tell you something else they (Kodak) do: They put Selenium Toner in
>a bottle that looks identical to (but is fractionally taller than) the
>Photo-Flo bottle.  Limited cupboard space leads to the two shuffling
>together, followed by a scream that froze the water in the mains pipes as I
>discovered one time what I'd just poured over my newly developed negs.

>They now have colour coded tape smothered over the caps.

Martin,

I don't selenium tone my negatives but it is considered a very prudent
step for ensuring image permanence. This is no joke.

There was an interesting thread in rec.photo.darkroom a while back
regarding the acetate base of all 35mm film (except maybe TP and a few
other oddities) which is apparently the first thing to go, on the order
of 50yrs or so, depending on storage conditions, etc. Our negatives are
not as permanent as we think.

Byron.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!)