Subject: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:15:03 -0800

At 06:11 PM 1/29/01 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:

>I'm sick and **** tired of watermarks on my negs.  I use a condenser
>enlarger and the crap just shows up in every print.  AFAIK, I'm using every
>trick in the book when I process my film:
>
>    1: All solutions are mixed with distilled water
>    2: Final rinse wash in in distilled water
>    3: Small amount of PhotoFlo added to final wash
>    4: Negs hung up to dry, not squegeed
>
>How do I avoid getting the damn things on my negs in the future?
>
>M.

1. - 3. are correct, modify 4. as follows.

After hanging your film, squeegee with your fingers, ie; run your fingers
down the film, index finger on one side, middle finger on the other,
squeeze fingers together, wipe downward.

I've been doing this for 50 years and have never had residual water marks.

Jim