Subject: Re: [Leica] Aux finder for 90mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:23:50 -0800

GERALD HAUSSLER wrote:

>      Arthur;
>
>      i use external finders on every lens i own;
>      (24,28,35,50 & 90).
>      they're big, bright & offer little or no
>      magnification. great for shooting
>      with both eyes open.
>      ...but i only have M3's & M4's ;-)
>
>      cheers
>      jerry haussler
>
>      www.zephyrblau.com

And for the 135 I'll need a finder for that if I'm going to use it with a .58 body.
135 framlines were left off that body and i don't' agree with that.
The 135 frame indicates what the metering would be and does not distract.
It does not unclutter the view that much. Take the 75 framelines off the 50 i'll
buy a finder for that.
I know they'll try to tell you a .58 body would not be a curate enoghht for a
135 3.4 but i think that's baloney.
Acurate enough for what?

I'm all for having  external finders on every lens i own as well and plan on it.

Third party ones too! I'll collect them instead of stamps. Really! (not trying
to be sarcastic i really love those little deals!)

Mark (external finders are us) Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)