Subject: Re: [Leica] Metz 40 MZ-3i vs. Leica SF-20
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:52:44 -0800

Yaniv Gur wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I feel it's time to buy a flash gun for my leica M6TTL. I am trying to make
> a decision between the leica SF-20 and the Metz 40 MZ-3i. Does anyone in the
> group have experience with the Metz? I'm trying to keep my kit pretty small
> and I've never seen the Metz and I suspect it's big and heavy. Also, I
> checked out all the vivitars but decided that TTL flash metering is
> important for me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yaniv

In your camera bag the Metz 40 MZ-3i takes up the size of a body with lens while
the SF-20 takes up the size of a small lens. Check the Metz site for the specs.
The small Leica is for occasional informal no big deal shooting. The bigger
Metz 40 MZ-3i or 32 series would be for serious shooting like an event,
photojournalism or other serious location shooting, fashion…

mark rabiner