Subject: Re: [Leica] New type of batteries
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:05:42 +0000

Horst,

I have used a couple of Grandcells and they tend to leak at the base after
a while. Maybe it's my local tropical climate but be careful anyway.

Dan K.

>I have been using a new type of rechargeable battery for about 3 month.
The brand name
>is: Grandcell.  These batteries are Alkaline and have a voltage of 1.5V,
compared to
>NiCads which have only 1,2 Volts. This is often not enough to fit in to
equipment
>designed for the use of normal batteries.
>
>The manufacturer recommends a life time of about 25 to 30 recharges, but
mine have had
>already about 50 recharges, and they still work ok.  They are made at the
moment, so it
>seems only in AA and AAA sizes. The cost is about US$ 5.- for a packet of
4 AA's.
>This is about double the price of standard alkalines. But the savings are
quite big.
>I am rally happy with them . I bought 2 sets of 4 and a charger and i
reckon, I would
>have saved about $125 US by now. With the added benefit of having the full
1,5v per
>cell available.
>This may sound like an ad, but I don't have any connection with the
manufacturers or
>agents.
>I just thought to let you all know about it. I think it's a worth while
product.

>Regards, Horst Schmidt

              Faith sees things that are out of sight.

Replies: Reply from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] New type of batteries)
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica dating Question)