Subject: RE: [Leica] what's the difference between old and new Tri-Elmar
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:52:21 -0000

The newer Tri-Elmar has a smaller front barrel so intrudes less into the
viewfinder area.
It has depth of field markings and also features a larger focusing rib
which is joined by, to my mind the most useful change, a focusing tab.
I have a late version of the first type and my frames click in fine (on an
early M6), I reckon they must have worked on that problem during the life
of the lens, 'continuous improvement' y'know.
~
Jem