Subject: RE: [Leica] what's the difference between old and new Tri-Elmar
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:41:28 -0800

My new version works perfectly with my .58 M6 - it does not work perfectly with the Hexar RF (just almost perfectly...)

The benefits of the newer one AFAIK are:  smaller barrel diameter for les VF obstruction, a focussing tab, and a more positive frameline coupling.  Optically they're the same.

Paul