Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron vs. 90 Tele-Elmarit
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:49:03 -0500

I'm in a quandary.  How does the 90/2 (last model before the APO) compare to
the recent (or earlier) 90/2.8?

On Erwin's site, he says it's no contest:  the Summicron is a lesser lens.
I have pointed out before, however, that I'm not an Erwinist:  many things
are more important to me than sharpness.  Is the bokeh on the Summicron
better?  I take it the ergonomics aren't as nice -- seems to be a much
larger and heavier lens.  But if it throws a nicer image I'll be happy.  Is
it, for instance, comparable to a 50/2 Summicron?  Similar design,
optically?  Bokeh?  I'm more than happy with *that* lens.

thanks,

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com