Subject: [Leica] Re: dear god - do NOT photograph your child's birth!
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:37:11 GMT

This is a very poignant topic for me. I love to take images. The times I
don't, I regret it. I have the world's worst memory (or I'm lazy or drink
too much) and I NEED the visual stimulus. Often in the past, I've not taken
pictures for fear of "intruding", but now I see it as ME. Something I do,
and my way of 'living and coping'. When my father died last friday, we had
the funeral and memorial service the week later. I said to Helen -- "people
don't take pictures at funerals do they? Why?" Well I didn't take many --
got to show some sensitivity, but I to wanted to remember my father's
funeral, and this is how I do it, so I did, and I will never regret it. I
have chosen 4 images for my family album, and now I can remember the day
the way I do best. If you like me love images, love memories and need those
images to help the memories flow, take some selected images and treasure
them.

Oh I sometimes write things down as well ;-)

Cheers

Alastair

http://www.afirkin.com

Replies: Reply from MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] funerals)