Subject: Re: [Leica] Early Macintosh Computers [was: One of those annoying...]
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:37:01 -0500

Guy Bennett jotted down the following:

> Is the a case of a company having determined what consumers are willing to
> pay for a product and sticking with that price or are there other,
> hopelessly complicated issues at work here that threaten to turn this into
> a major s***-kicking OT thread?

Probably a reflection of Moore's Law: every 18 months, you pack twice the
processing power in the same space and for the same price as previously.  I
don't know if it still holds true (I guess it does: G3 vs. G4).

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Computer: (n) Something whose reaction
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | time is longer than its attention
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | span.