Subject: [Leica] week four
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:55:07 -0600

Lee

>>This week's offering flirts perilously with the banal
(http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=148535&size=lg). Despite the
risk of my fragile ego dissolving into monkey dust, I'm open to critique.<<

I like this shot. It's simple. Nicely balanced. It has a nice range of
tones.  The sign tugs at my eye and the stairway lures me deeper into the
image. Makes for a dynamic visual flow. Technically, good exposure and
development. Nice texture in the whites in full sun. Nice detail in the
doorway shadows as well. Overall, the line and shapes sort of remind me of a
Sante Fe adobe architecture.

Don't intend to make light of anything, but you even knew your audience. I
had lots of coffee to drink and I've been working in front of my computer
for too long. The photo evoked emphathy.

Dave