Subject: [Leica] out-of-focus backgrounds
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:46:34 -0500

While I've sometimes noticed bokeh and all that jazz, while shooting I'm much more
concerned about the placement of objects or features in the background, especially if
they have a distinctive colour relative to the rest of the background. A little
splotch of red or yellow or whatever somewhere well behind your principal subject in
the right spot can add that touch which distinguishes an excellent shot from the
ordinary. But perhaps this is elementary for Leicaistes?

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal