Subject: Re: [Leica] Baby Photos
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:48:03 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 25/01/01 03:43:41 Paris, Madrid,
pzak@desidero.com.au a écrit :

<< In about 1 week I'm going to be a dad, I've been think for some time of how
 to best capture the moment and also not to be stuffing around with cameras
 at a time like that.

 What I've got it down to is my M6 with 50mm 'Cron loaded with maybe
 Kodachrome 200 (archival) with a Tc-1 Minolta with NHG ?

 Or maybe Scala as is pushes so well...., or maybe some cold beer on stand-by
 to sooth the nerves.

 Any suggestion welcome...

 Regards,

 Peter Zak.

I've done it several times ( 3 daughters ) with M6 / 35 and Tri-X / No flash .
You have to know that you will be so impressed that you might not take
a look on your recycle light , so do it Flashless .
The 35 will be cooler ( more depth of field ) .
The BW will be easier for the final rendition . Babies don't always come
with a nice pinky skin .
Stay by the head of the mother , you will not disturb the Doc , and start
shooting when the baby is laid on the mother .
It's also a good idea to follow the baby into the the cleaning room . The
mother
will have something else to do anyway and your presence with her at that
moment is far from needed .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France .
airborne radar tech