Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux vs Those "Other" lenses
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:28:17 -0800

Several have commented that Steve Holloway's pictures are content-good...
not Leica good...and that therefore the question of hte lens is
immaterial.....I realize that being there with the "eye" is THE most
important issue, the point remains that the look of the photo is part of
that photo.....otherwise we might just as well be shooting Diana cameras...

...if I were to take 2 pictues, one with a 4x5 camera using a Super Duper
APO 210 lens at F90 vs, the Leica M6 using a 50 Noctilux lens at F1, same
photogrpaher, same moment in time, same camera angle, same light, etc, etc,
etc,  the same, what is the LOOK of the lens?  How does that look manifest
the scene?  In defense of the Bokeh group, I believe that the OOF areas are
part of the picture, and that they do conbtribute to the effect...

Is a Nikon 55 F1.2 different in look than the Nocti....???  All else being
the same.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net