Subject: Re: [Leica] Spam, virtual and real [Was: Herbal V]
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:16:47 -0800

> However, it seems that
> all exhortations to reply to the spammer, whether to be removed from
> his list or otherwise, are steadfastly ignored.

No, they aren't ignored. If you reply to a spammer asking to be removed
from the list, they add your address to a "this sucker actually read
our spam" superlist that can be sold for about 10 times as much money.
The very worst thing you can possibly do with spam is to let the
spammer know you received it.

I have ways of keeping most spam off of the LUG. If I told you what
those ways were, then it wouldn't work as well.

Brian