Subject: Re: [Leica] .58 vs .72
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:30:19 EST

Stuart, the 0,58 is a new high in Leica, even though it is a TTL with its
excessive battery consumption. I have had mine since early November and it is
now the " take everywhere camera" for me. Anything longer than a 50 is out,
but for the 24 (with black tape over the frame-line illumination windows), 25
Skopar, 28 and 35 it is perfect. I might even have to get a 2nd one some
times in the future, as I am very reluctant to take off the 35 from the one I
have (I hate changing lenses, most mishaps with Leica equipment happens when
you are changing lenses!). The 0,72 works well with the 35.50 and 90 and the
0.85 with the 50/75/90. If you are primarily a wide-angle shooter, go for the
0.58!
Tom A