Subject: [Leica] Re: Modifying the 21/3.4 to meter with an M6
From: george kase <gkase@ccfc.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2001 17:42:05 -0600

John,
I know the page well. It is no longer up but I have it bookmarked on my home
computer (I'm at the office). I will try to look it up and forward it to you. Indeed as Henning points out, it is a definitive modification and frankly one that I don't think you need to make. Believe it or not you CAN meter with the lens the way it is. However you must recalibrate and I believe it turned out to be a two or three stop shift in sensitivity, but, importantly, it does work. It becomes less useful in low light situations, but in normal lighting, it worked fine. Just mount it up and experiment how many stops you have to shift the meter. Let me know if you have any more questions and what you discover.
George Kase
digest LUGer