Subject: RE: [Leica] Shooting children with M6 -- HELP
From: "Peter Shier" <pshier@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:07:53 -0500

I do a lot of candid kid shots and I find that the M6 is a great tool when
the kids are in situations where they are likely to stop moving for several
seconds. I will very often get in front of them when they are watching TV,
playing a board game, playing a table game (e.g. foosball, air hockey),
playing on the computer or a video game, walking through a museum, etc.
You'll still have plenty of refocusing to do even in those situations but it
is very manageable. When the action is serious (sports, running around
outside etc.) then I pull out the F5 with a fast zoom lens, fast auto focus,
fast motor drive, and aperture priority. IMHO the M6 just isn't made for
that kind of stuff.

Peter