Subject: [Leica] Shooting color for film scanning
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:45:42 -0800

When shooting in color for film scanning, is it best to shoot slides or
color negative film or does it matter?

I appreciate all the feedback on B&W. I think finding a low-cost film
scanner which will do slides (I have a bunch of family heirloom
transparencies stored away that I'd like to access) and B&W film (probably a
used piece of equipment from someone moving up) will work the best for me.

I can shoot the C41 processed B&W and then maybe begin to develop the
negative film without the need for a darkroom. Then if the chemicals get in
my blood I can go for changing the guest-suite bathroom into a darkroom.

A big if.

Thanks, everyone, for their suggestions.

There has been one recommendation for a film scanner to look for. Any
thoughts?

Thanks

Adam Bridge