Subject: [Leica] backup choices
From: emu <ernestmurphy@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:24:10 -0800

My favorite backup camera (I'm not a pro) is a Minox 35GL. Sometimes I carry a second M body as a backup, for lens versatility when I think I need it, but mostly, I like traveling light. Hence the Minox 35.

A Minox 35 is a great street shooter. It looks more like a toy than a "serious" camera and so the intimidation factor is less. I think of it as the updated successor of the original Leica: small, light, no rangefinder, collapsible fixed lens of high quality. And aperture-priority metering.