Subject: Re: [Leica] Backup Camera
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:26:25 +0100

On 14 Jan 01, at 5:23, Frank Filippone wrote:

> I always have a backup Leica available on a trip, "just in case"... I
> use a Leica CL as the backup for my M6....it stays in my luggage until
> needed. The most I can miss is 1 day of shooting...  It does not
> require a great outlay of cost to purchase, and includes a meter.

I was out for a walk today - had my M4-2 over my shoulder and my
CL in pocket. The M was loaded with B/W and the CL with color
neg. Both got used, and if I had a catostrophic failure with one, the
other would have been there. I don't always carry two bodies, but
now if I'm away from home I'll have a second nearby. Much easier
on the back than with most SLRs.