Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux info and interesting R8 fact.
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:59:55 -0500

Welcome to the new age.

A lot of products have EEPROMS programmed to store historical and
usage information, and are dumped on command, usually for maintenance
or trouble-shooting purposes.  A lot of the data is very basic, due
to memory constraints.  In my work, I specify and design this kind
of stuff.

Now - if the R8 chip stored records of all the previously taken
photos, now we're talking sexy technology.....

I feel better and better with my M's and SL's - and I'm keeping a
very very close eye on the R, and that ROM lens.  For now, the ROM
lens cap is on tight, and it never is stored mated to the R (which
has a battery.)      ;-)

...Vick

Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Digilux info and interesting R8 fact.)