Subject: [Leica] Digilux info and interesting R8 fact.
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:14:05 -0500

LUGgers, LEGgers, and LRFers,

    While visiting LeicaUSA in Northvale on Friday, I discovered, the latest
version of the Digilux was discontinued apparently by Fuji. Roger Horn,
President of Leica USA, wanted to order another thousand and was told no
more would be available and no word on the replacement.
    I suggest you watch out for the next Fuji upgrade, and a few months
later there should be a new Digilux.
    As for the R8....
    My R8 needed a minor tweaking, and when Ernst Hartmann, head of the
repair department returned it to me, he noted how much I used the camera.
Since it was not bearing any new dents of scratches, I asked how he knew.
    He revealed, their R8 electronic test equipment tells them how many
times the camera has been fired.
    My two year old R8 has been fired about 27,000 times up from 19,000 the
last time they had it. (that's about 220 rolls from the last time they
checked it in April of 2000.)
    I don't know if this internal counter was talked about before, but I
found it neat.
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Digilux info and interesting R8 fact.)