Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 meter
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:54:49 -0800

>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:06:07 -0800
>From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
>Subject: [Leica] M6 meter
>
>Hi Folks;
>
>Talking to a dealer today, I was told how to check for an early meter. I
>was told that cameras with numbers below 1,7xxx had meter problems. A
>way to check was to cover the lens with a lens cap and then turn on the
>meter. If it's an early meter, it will stay dark, if it's a later one it
>will flicker on and off.
>All that said, is there any grain of truth to that?
>
>Slobodan Dimitrov

Slobodan,

this was by design, I believe, not a problem. The arrows in my M6 'classic' from
1989 go dark if the light is below the meter's sensitivity. On my M6 'classic'
from 1999 it will keep on blinking. Just two different ways to indicate that the
light is out of the range of the meter. Actually, when one shoots in dark
conditions, the blinking can be distractive.

Jiri