Subject: [Leica] FOR TRADE on Friday
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:51:21 -0800

Gentlemen, I have hereby resolved never to use another Leica later than an
M4.  Here, then, is what I'd like to trade, ideally for an M2 (or user M4)
with 35mm Summicron (an old, heavy, chrome Summicron would be nice):

Leica M4-P.  One of the earliest made, according to Sherry (the serial
number predates the usual list for this model).  Newly recovered (including
brand new red dot!) by Sherry.  CLA'd by DAG.  Great user -- in fact,
nicer-looking than most user cameras, but hardly collectible.  I'd say Ex+
to Ex++.

Konica Hexanon 28mm.  This lens, built for the new Hexar, is superb; I've
reviewed it a couple of times for this list.  Eats up much less of the
viewfinder than the Leica 28mm; contruction is superior; MTF tests are a
notch better according to Photodo, for what it's worth.  Won't be able to
use it now that I'm getting rid of the M4-P.  Mint condition, with shade.

Voigtlander/Cosina 75mm.  Again, a gorgeous lens -- this one's in black --
but I won't have the frame line for it.  Really, if you don't need the extra
stop (and the extra bulk and weight), this competes nicely with the Leica 75
(although I'm told the Leica has the edge).  Mint condition.

Fuji GA645Wi.  If you need a fully automated, quick-loading medium format
camera, this has a great lens (equiv. of 28mm), and unbelievable ergonomics.
Basically, the opposite of a Leica, but probably the best street-shooting
medium format camera made.

Anyway, I would trade some or all of the above.  I require a camera and lens
with pristine optics, mechanically flawless; cosmetics are unimportant.
Would entertain other interesting offers.  (I'm an obsessive horse trader.)

cheers,

Douglas Cooper
www.dysmedia.com