Subject: [Leica] Re: Discontinued Digilux
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:22:21 -0800

At 01:53 PM 1/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Believe it or not, the first digilux in Mint condition is already being
>bought and sold as a collectors item in Japan. I couldn't believe the number
>of emails I got when I advertised one on a Japanese web site.
>cheers,
>Rich

Rich,

One just never knows the turn of events for old Leica gear. Since I've
bought and used one of each Digilux generation so far, IMHO, the first unit
is rather pathetic . Image quality on that camera is disappointing for a
camera of that pixel count, and the images always needed significant
correction to make them reasonable to view and display. And talk about slow
writing to the smartmedia card. You could cook and eat a lunch before the
camera is ready for consecutive shots.

I wonder the great resale value applies to the equivalent Fuji MX-700...

John