Subject: [Leica] RE: BALUGgers at the San Mateo Photo Fair
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:42:08 -0800

At 11:02 PM 01/05/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Those of us going to the fair should talk about a place and time to meet. :)
>
>-Mark

Mark,

Sorry to have cut off the general LUG distribution on the information. I
went to a private list to avoid unnecessary traffic.  Here is our information:
- ----------------------------

Hi Folks,

 If any of you have decided recently to join us, let me know. And don't be
shy; even I have only met a few of you. We'll all be meeting someone new
that day!

Here is the latest information:

The Photo Fair is officially open from 9am - 4pm on Saturday only.
Those of us with tables have a setup window of 7:30AM - 9AM that morning.
That means Peter Choy and myself, and Roland Smith with his table.

Those who confirmed to help out with the table are:  Steve C., Ken I.,
Byron R. , Peter C.

So here's the scenario:

9am Most of you will be coming in starting at this time. Our table is
Section A, Table 6. roland will have an adjacent table. I'll try to have a
poster sized BALUG sign made before then so that we catch up with other
Leica users. Anyone who wants to share the table is welcome to do so, as I
will have a small quantity of items there. $10 contribution appreciated.
We'll take turns looking after the items so that everyone has a chance to
browse the floor.

12:30-4  I'll be leaving the photo fair  in order to catch up with a
friend's 40th birthday party. I'll have designated one or several of you to
take over the table by then.

4pm closing time.

4:30 Meet at Prince of Wales, a nearby pub, to talk shop, discuss the
quality of the photo fair, cry about the stock market, play darts and
whatever. 106 E. 25th Ave. Just one block west of the photo fair's parking
lot exit. We should be easy to spot; surely one or more of us will be
sporting a visible Leica!

6:30 Dinner:  Anyone who hasn't RSVP'ed to me by now needs to call me ASAP.
I need to arrange additional seating if you plan to join us.

 Camranh Bay Vietnamese Restaurant and Bar
	201 E. Third Ave., San Mateo
	(650) 342-7577

Location:  Corner of 3rd Ave. and Ellsworth

It is 2 blocks east of El Camino Real, or about .75 miles west of the 3rd.
Ave exit of highway 101. It is across the street from a Walgreen's pharmacy.

If you want to contact me by phone beforehand, or the day of the photo
fair, it's (415) 699-6202.

Cheers,

John