Subject: [Leica] Re: FD Leica adapter
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:25:14 -0800

At 1:56 PM -0800 1/11/01, Douglas Cooper wrote:

>>  There are also some
>>  'Canon Lens Mount Converter B'-s still floating around; these take FD
>>  mount lenses and make them LTM. Then you use a standard Bayonet-LTM
>>  converter.
>
>How well do these work?  Do they couple the rangefinder properly, or is that
>too much to ask for?  I take it they unbalance the camera pretty severely...

No rangefinder coupling, but for wideangle stuff that's just fine.
With very wide angle lenses focussing can easily take up more time
than it is worth. Even with my 21/2.8 I usually preset the focus and
don't use the rangefinder.

I got an adapter initially for an FL 19mm/3.5 which was a lot cheaper
than the RF version, and way way cheaper than a Super Angulon. Later
I got a 17/4 and a 7.5/5.6, neither of which had focussing issues.
Yes, it does make the camera front heavy, but then so does the 75/1.4
or 135/2.8.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design