Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron-R
From: "Randy Andrade" <smaugmra@abq.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:02:26 -0700

Hi folks,
Having lurked for a while, and having searched the archives, I am still
somewhat perplexed.  Perhaps I'm just reaching my second childhood.  In any
case, for me recently the burning question has been:
How can I tell the difference between a 2-cam and 3-cam Summicron-R?
Looking at the rear of all the lenses I have, I cannot tell the
difference...perhaps all I have are 2-cam, or they may all be 3-cam lenses.
But how can I be sure?  I recognize the two silver proturbances with one end
higher than the other (the cams on opposite sides of the rear element), and
the aperture control lever between these two cams at the same radius from
the center.  But where is the 3'rd cam?  Can anyone enlighten me.  This is
the problem with having both an SL and an R-series camera, and then
forgetting which lens was for which camera.  Please help this poor memory
impaired person?
Thanks for the help in advance.
Randy