Subject: Re: [Leica] M-mount 50mm Summitar - is there any such a thing?
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:13:45 +1100

Vick Ko wrote:

> Is there any such a thing as an M-mount 50mm Summitar ?
>
> I thought that this fine vintage of lens only came in LTM.
>
> Thanks
> Vick

Vick, The Summitar was the last only screw mount lens produced
by Leitz. It was never made in bayonet mount. If somebody
glued an bayonet mount adapter on to the tread, then it may
seem like it is bayonet mount, but it isn't.

This reminds me, I have a collapsible Summicron screw mount,
with an adapter somehow glued on to the thread. Any Ideas, how
to get it off without damaging the lens?.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: No Need to Trim)
Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: No Need to Trim)
Message from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> ([Leica] M-mount 50mm Summitar - is there any such a thing?)