Subject: Re: [Leica] How can I stop my rabbit from chewing on the cables
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:39 -0800

>Martin,
>
>In the US we do everything in cars. We do our banking by car; we watch
>movies in cars; we order and eat lunch in cars; we make love in cars (used
>to be easier in the days of the big Detroiters); some are even conceived and
>are born in cars. In some parts of California we even shoot at one an other
>while driving. So it comes very naturally to go mountain climbing in cars.
>In all seriousness, as soon as I wrote the post I new that perhaps I should
>have explained that the marmots come to the parking lots at the base of
>mountain and parks in search of  edible auto parts. The "diaper" helps
>prevent a long walk to the auto parts store.
>
>Cheers,
>Joe Codispoti

Joe,

Are you talking about marmots or carmots? I've often heard of the latter
ravaging parking lots in search of edible auto parts (hence their name),
but the former's true eating habits remain a mystery to me.

Now, were one to analyse this whole thread allegorically (and why the hell
not, this is the lug, after all), one might takes as one's point of
departure the fact that "R"abbits and "M"armots are in fact related -
through their initial consonants - to a certain camera occasionally
discussed on this list. (Ah, the vodka is beginning to take effect....) I'm
not sure what any of this means, but it may actually explain why a fair
amount of precious lug energy has today been spent discussing rodents!

At any rate, I am certain that Martin - or some other luggish philologist -
can explain to the more befuddled of us the ins and outs (as it were) of
the marmot digestive system. Until such time I remain

yours sincerely,

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles, CA

ARCHIVE PLEASE!!!