Subject: Re: [Leica] throw away that extra frame!
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:17:35 -0800

MEBerube wrote:

> too
> small to be useful and if there is any appreciable swing in exposures at
> all, only half the images are properly printed enough to be useful on any
> one sheet anyhow.
>
> Give me 38 frames on 4X6 "proofs" from each roll any day.<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Michael,

It sounds great if you're only shooting a few rolls a week or even a day.  But
put in cost perspective the printing of 150 rolls X 36 ?   5400 4X6's.......
$?????? And this would be from a single assignment. Clients already grumble at
being charged $50.00 per roll for film, processing and contact sheet.  Imagine
their reaction to paying for 4X6 prints.

And that would be on one shoot. Imagine that times 30 or more shoots a year
and you begin to understand it becomes cost prohibitive for 4X6 prints.
Besides what do you do with all those 4X6 prints and how are they filed and
where is the space for the print files?

Besides one can knock off 150 contact sheets very quickly, actually two people
could have them all done in a few hours, washed, dried and sorted complete
with negative sleeves.

ted Grant
islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com> ([Leica] throw away that extra frame!)