Subject: Re: [Leica] which do you prefer, 24 or 36 exposure rolls?
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:00:14 -0800

ted grant wrote:
> Cut the 36 exp strips in lengths of 5 frames and use a 7 strip sleeve
page,  they fit perfectly on an 8 X 10 .>>>>>

Austin Franklin responded:
>>Ah, that's the rub.  5 x 7 is only 35...and I typically get 38 or 39 per
roll...and I just don't think of stopping at 35...now if the camera stopped at
35,
that's make it real easy ;-)<<<<

But Austin stopping at 35 on ten rolls of film can mean throwing away a "free
roll of film!" ;-) That's the Scottish side of the family. ;-)

I just sleeve 7 strips and what's left are loaded into another sleeve. However,
quite often there are cut/throw away frames at beginning and end or through out
the roll as I'm cutting the strips, not too often, but often enough that it
works right to the 5 X 7.
ted Grant

Replies: Reply from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] which do you prefer, 24 or 36 exposure rolls?)