Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of trimming leaders...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:58:43 -0700

The leading edge of the film catches on the film gate and gets torn when the
baseplate is put back on. When you then attempt to wind on, the sprocket
holes get torn out as the film is jammed. These film pieces make there way
into the works, there doing dastardly deeds best no mentioned in polite
society.

John Collier

PS: The long leader allows the film to slip easily into place as there is no
edge to catch. Another benefit of using the long leader is that you can load
the camera in very low light. This is very useful when shooting at night or
in a theatre. Your method of loading works fine but cannot be described as
quick. Go here for an illustrated loading procedure such as yours and
another way with a thin phone card:

http://www.mediakyoto.com/camerashopper/lrc_e/index_e.html

Cheers

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> ([Leica] Re: ebay advice needed)