Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systems
From: "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 07:27:46 -0700

>an R system body with a 3 lenses or so. On the other hand if you are equally
>serious and want/need the benefits of a system camera
>made by a company with ENORMOUS technological resources that can give you
>autofocus, focus assist,
>built in quiet motorization, a superb viewfinder and far more sophisticated
>exposure modes at a lower price with the option
>of using lenses which are optically almost as good as Leitz or in some cases
>even as good or yikes even better*,
>then take an RTS 3 with a few lenses and use the money you save to buy an
AX, RX

Who makes Contax?  I owned one a few years ago, a 137, and at the time I
believe the Contax name had been purchased by Yashica.  A number of Yashica
cameras were virtually duplicates of Contax models.  The attraction for me
at the time was price and the fact that the 137 had a Zeiss T* lens.

Dave Richards
dprichards@qwest.net
Note:  If you have emailed me at:

dprichards@uswest.net

Please change your address book entry to my new address:

dprichards@qwest.net

Replies: Reply from "Steven A. Melnyk" <melnyk@msu.edu> (Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systems)