Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 questions
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 12:10:14 -0500

The M3 is a fine camera.

Items to note are:

    cameras, but very positive.  I've lost a roll with my M6 because
    the film didn't catch properly.  Never happened with M3.

2)  shutter feels crisper than M6.  Very positive feel when taking
    the picture.

    Frames on the M3 (50/90/135) may be a concern if you increase your
    lenses in future - specially if you want to go to wide angles.

3)  classic look of Leitz engraving.  Won't affect the handling of
    the camera, but it is very nice to look at.

4)  older may mean cheaper, which means "it's better"

Erwin Puts has a nice review of the M3.

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/leicam3.html