Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes
From: "Steven A. Melnyk" <melnyk@msu.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:59:39 -0500

I am confused by this response -- How does the R system have a future?
There was an extensive report in Business Week about the financial and
strategic problems being encountered by Leitz.  Contax has just introduced
the N-1 and it now  offers two AF approaches -- the AX and the N-1.  How
does the R system have a future?  I know that this is a naive question, but
bear with me.

Steven A. Melnyk
Michigan State University