Subject: [Leica] WAS: Tolerance towards us neophytes.NOW: Questions and answers!;-)
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:31:15 -0800

Martin Howard wrote:

> [...]
tartan or paisley underwear to clean my UV filter?<<<<<<<

Martin, my dear fellow, really!  harumph! Really, damn poor choice old man.

I suppose it depends on whether you are a slovenly bourgeois who would stoop
to paisley or whether you're a gentleman of  Swedish class and wear white. The
Tartan has rather negative overtones as under clothing, certainly  for someone
using a camera with the status level of a Leica.

Better the whole kilt and a corner of it to cleanse your lens, than a some
what lower class under clothing of tartan! ;-)

And the chrome bit on the black bit with one of those ghastly ultra whatever
they are glass bits, bloody poor taste old chap! The Leica police unit will be
along shortly to remove your tartan or paisley under shorts, give you a sound
thrashing with a Leica neck strap and confiscate one or the other of the
chrome lens or black body as ner the two should meet! ;-)

They will however also confiscate your horrid under shorts to be replaced with
a white pair with the ever brilliant Leica Red Dot right where the "red dot
is" ;-)

However, it will be your choice which you keep. Sorry old man if you feel
unfulfilled for an answer.  But today i've had a bad one! ;-)

ted Grant