Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 1 is Up
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:36:27 -0500

At 10:23 AM 1/5/01 -0500, Martin wrote:

>Damn -- I can't take my eyes off that shot.  Great.

Thank you for the kind words Martin.

Another LUGger had mentioned off the list that the vehicle in the
background detracted a bit from the shot and I agree. As I wrote back to
him "I played with it a bit in Paint Shop Pro with the idea of taking the
vehicle out, but couldn't get it done to my satisfaction and didn't know if
such manipulation would ruin the spirit of the exercise or not and so the
only change I did make was to go grey scale and adjust the loss of quality
from scanning the print. (Was shot on Portra 160VC and was printed VERY blue.)"

What is the general consensus...should something like "One Photo a Week
With My Leicas" be about the final image only, using any means necessary or
should it be about what one can create in camera with average
processing/printing and normal scanning?

I'll probably continue to follow the middle ground regardless the
consensus, but I am curious.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Week 1 is Up)