Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning advice: thumbprint
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:58:20 -0800

Adam Bridge wrote:

> now.
>
> So what's the right way to get that fingerprint off. Not just A way, THE way.<<<<<<

Hi Adam,

it's so easy it'll make you laugh at yourself wondering why you didn't think of it yourself.

This is right from the mouth of a top level leica technical person as it was told to me. Breathe on the glass so it fogs and using a
soft cloth, cotton material works wonders, then swish the cloth around until the print is gone.. Simple.

I use any old pair of cotton under shorts that are well worn, clean and soft, breathe on the lens and rub the cloth in a circular
motion until the finger print is gone. You may have to breathe on it a couple times but don't worry, you are not going to do one
iota to that surface unless you are using a grinding compound.

ted Grant

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning advice: thumbprint)