Subject: RE: [Leica] A Manifesto
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:07:58 -0800

On Behalf Of Douglas Cooper

<snip>
>  I'd love it if you'd have a look, and -- if you can
> stand the irreverence -- consider joining this nascent, radical group.  (I
> am, insofar as I can be, quite serious about this.)
>
> The full address of this particular page is:
>
> http://www.dysmedia.com/Photography/dicta.html

You're kidding us, right?

Somehow a "Manifesto" that consists of:

1. Images must not move.
6. Nothing beautiful, except by accident.
2.2 A person must inhabit every shot.
4. Input analogue, output digital.
	5. No staged action

5. Images must not titillate, except by accident.
	9. Eschew autofocus.
7. Natural or found light.
8. Slow-speed or negative film, color.

10. Let there be a hand-held meter, or no meter at all.

doesn't quite have the same revolutionary fervor as "Power to the People!"
or even "Off the Pigs!"

In terms of Leicas, just about everyone with an M4P or earlier and all
Barnak cameras have been doing this for years.

SLBSTMO

rp johnson