Subject: [Leica] Re: parts 1 and 2 of my european diary....
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 01:43:23 -0800

Kyle -- I loved reading your European travel journal. I spent my childhood
in Greece and most recently spent two years from 1996 to 1998 in Holland.
Your photo essay brought back a lot of memories, most of them fond!

I lived in an out-of-the-way place called Nieuwegein, and I had the
chance to learn Dutch while I was there. In general, I was determined to
make the most of my visit, and as far as life-altering experiences go,
my time in Holland is at the top of my list.

I was just getting back into photography as I was getting ready to come
back to the States, but I did come up with a memorable image in the
"Holland is made of bicycles" theme from December '98:

	http://www.rakitzis.com/leiden-centraal.jpg

Since this photo has some LUG interest, I'll post this reply to the whole
list. It's one of my first shots on an M6 w/50 summicron and I remember
that time as the beginning of a love affair with Leica.

Met vriendlijke groeten uit Californie,

Byron.