Subject: [Leica] Thanks for saying hello.....
From: James Fassinger <james@stillscenes.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:32:22 +0100

Rick Floyd wrote:

>How long have you been a LUG member? Have you made the switch and been
seduced,
>like most of us here?

Hello Rick! Indeed I remember talking with you at the Wyandotte fair,
it's been a long time. Yes, I have been seduced indeed, only since
September though. It was right before my wife and I came back to spend
the winter in Prague (from Detroit). My F3 needed some heavy duty work
(front casting replaced) and I was looking to replace it. I bought a used
F3 from Midwest Camera in Ohio (they said it was a 9) which turned out to
have a bad lens mount. I sent it right back and bought a new M6 TTL .85
Chrome and a 35/2 asph. instead. I've been wanting to move to the Leica
RF or some years now, but never could put together the cash (or justify
it I guess). Not so much because of the quality of the images it produces
(I've always been very happy with my Nikons) it's just that the RF system
is much more suited for doing the kind of shooting I do now. As far as
quality goes, I'm very pleased with the results from the M6 and 35/2 so
far but I'm one of those people who believe that it really doesn't matter
what camera you use as long as you make nice pictures with it....

Thanks for saying hello Rick...

James

james@stillscenes.com
Images at: http://www.stillscenes.com/