Subject: Re: [Leica] Titanium M6s
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:03:41 -0500

While the titanium lenses and M6 cameras are just finished in titanium (
which Leica has said somewhere makes the finish more durable but which
someone one the LUG said can in any event show wear), I think there is a
difference between the M6 cameras that have that finish and those that
have black or chrome. I have had an M6-P and now have two M6s in black,
along with an M6 titanium. The titanium camera appears to have been
finished more carefully. It is buttery smooth compared to the others. I
have heard that the black paint Leicas may also have been finished
differently, to closer tolerances, but have not heard anything else on
the LUG about this in regard to the titanium M6s.

Jesse.