Subject: RE: [Leica] Slide projector only focuses half the image
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 05:19:35 -0500

Joe,

> Most likely it has to do with the positioning of the slide in the gate.
> Check to see if the slide is firmly held by the slide holder in the gate.
> The Ektagraphic projectors (gray) index the slide automatically but the
> lower line of projectors (black) do not.

It's a Kodak Carousel 4200 (black).  It has no automatic indexing (as far as
I can tell, anyway).

> You might even tweak the gate to align it with the optical system.

Hmmm... I'd like to try this, but have absolutely no idea how to go about
it.  The instruction manual is of no help here; it doesn't even mention gate
alignment or indexing.

> If not,
> you will have to settle for the right-left bokeh, depending on which side
> you choose to focus (I could not resist it).

Precisely.  But it's somehow less than satisfying, like having only half an
orgasm. :)

Thanks,
Dan