Subject: Re: [Leica] Monoliths I have known or... Is that all there is?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 16:49:53 -0800

Brian Reid wrote:
><Snip> puter to mine, edits my image while I watch, and then unlocks.
>
> Reliable always-on non-monopoly communication infrastructure is going
> to change the world a lot. I believe it will end up being installed by
> power and water utilities and not by phone or cable companies.
><Snip>

Communications could well be the field which makes us feel like we are really in
the future!!
Sounds like you are in the right field, Brian!!
But if the hookup comes from the water company that would might make us feel
like we are in an Abbot and Costello movie!!!
Digital Plumbing!!!
Fiber optics hot and cold running!

mark :) rabiner