Subject: [Leica] Leitz Leather Outfit Cases for SM cameras
From: "Andrew Mason" <amason@connectfree.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 18:26:07 -0000

As I am new to this list let me first of all stress that I am a Leica user
(of a IIIC) rather than a collector.

However, I have built up a small 'collection' of lenses and accessories for
my IIIc and would now like to acquire one of the leather outfit cases which
Leitz made from the 1930's up to the 1950's.  First, I'd like to find out
more about them.  Unfortunately these cases, of which there were 10+
different designs, aren't mentioned much.  Rigliatti's book, "Leica - The
First xx Years" lists them and their catalogue code words, but nothing more.

I'd like to see pictures/illustrations of the interiors of the different
cases.

Although these cases regularly come up for sale on the internet their owners
are usually just selling them on and don't know anything about them.  Are
there any publications where they are illustrated?  Has anyone got some
photos of the different types.  Is there anywhere on the internet where I
can view pictures of the different cases?  Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Andrew.